Thursday, August 8, 2013

A List of Upcoming Things I am Excited For

It's super awkward that it's already August and the thing on the top of my to-do list is buying books for my fall semester. Sad face. AHH where did this summer go? Don't get my wrong, I have had a great summer; it's been perfect being 21 and being able to frequent the bars, I took a few trips (Grand Marias for the fourth, backpacking in Colorado with my family, visiting my bestie in Iowa City, and a few trips up to our cabin on Lake Vermillion), and spent my week days working at good old Ticket King St. Paul.

I don't want this summer to end because, virtually, it's my last actual summer before the real world. I hope to graduate St. Thomas with a job secured. However, even though I'm looking nervous for the future, I'm already making a list of upcoming things I'm excited for! Keep on reading....

-Vikings first preseason game on Friday night. You bet I'm going.
-My fall and second to last semester at St. Thomas. I'm taking four great classes where I know I will learn skills necessary for my future life and career. Plus, I hope to narrow in my career options. As of now, I'm thinking about going into advertising, but my interests honestly change every day!
-Tommie Johnnie football game. Duh.
-This is so far in advance but J-TERM! I finally told my parents I was accepted into the Pilgrimage in Italy - J-term 2014 though St. Thomas, which is a huge deal since there were over 200 applicants and only 20 get to go! I was ecstatic when I heard but was nervous to tell my parents. However, they are super excited for me and said yes!! I'll be traveling to Rome, Assisi, Florence, Siena and some other small cities in Italy and I simply CAN'T WAIT!


Even with all these fun things coming up in the fall, I'm still going to finish out the summer strong!! Keep reading my blog to see what I'm up to :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, Rach! Congrats on Italy, you're gonna have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete