Sunday, September 15, 2013

Getting Pumped For Italy

I know, I know, it's still over 3 months away, but I am getting so pumped about my J-term class in Italy. The class is titled "Pilgrimage in Italy: The Christian Experience from the Early Church to the Catholic Reformation". We will travel to Rome, Assisi, Florence, Siena, and Greccio/Rieti. According to the course description, "the course will pay careful attention to the monuments and art that reflect the spirituality of each period of the history of Italy. Students will be introduced to the major works of Christian literature written at these various places. The focus will be on the lives of individual people from the different phases of history (Peter and Paul, Francis and Clare of Assisi, Catherine of Siena, Ignatius of Loyola, Caravaggio, Giotto, Pope Innocent III, etc.) A special focus will be on St. Francis and the Franciscan movement."


SERIOUSLY I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!


I can't wait to go to mass by the Pope. I can't wait to see Assisi's village town. I can't wait to visit Florence and the other weekend destinations. I can't wait to meet new people and have adventures. We have an orientation at the beginning of November and I'm excited to see who is in my program and get to know the other aspects of the trip. I'm going to get my passport tomorrow afternoon.

I'll for sure keep you updated on everything else :)

Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment