Friday, May 27, 2011

Reading Keeps My Mind off the Twins

I need a break from writing about the Twins because they are breaking my heart.


BooksI recently just finished, for the second time, the Hunger Games series. The series is fantastic and I've never read anything like it -- I can't wait for the movie to come out in 2012. I have to say that is a generous graduation present from Suzanne Collins.

Unfortunately, after finishing such a great series, its always most difficult to move on and read a book that even compares... especially if you are looking to stick within the same genre. I have been searching Amazon.com high and low for a book that interests me enough to download it to my kindle. So far, I have had no luck. I'm picky in what I read, most likely because I have so little time to do it.

I won't pay the standard $7-10 price for a kindle book that is less than 250 pages-- it isn't practical. I'm not proposing books be priced on a variable basis consistent relative to the number of pages, but I can't say that's a bad idea... though Harry Potter VII would have cost a small fortune.

Speaking of, while I bide my time and conduct a thorough search through the libraries of Amazon, I have been rereading HP VII in preparation for the part II release due in theaters July 15th. I realize I am premature, but I'm kind of in a bind as far as decent literature goes.

I suppose I'll eventually have to break down and purchase something without knowing I'll certainly like it... but not without a trip to Barnes and Noble!

If you have any reading suggestions for me... please comment! I would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment