Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal in US Open Tennis

I am easily caught up in exhilarating and high-stakes sports.

Enter: US Open and Djokovic v Nadal

WOW! I've always been a fan of Andy Roddick... American and such, but when I saw the matches of Federer-Djokovic and Murray-Nadal, I became entranced by the talent of the No. 1 and No. 2 players of the world, Djokovic and Nadal  respectively.

These men sure know how to play.

Nadal has the whole exotic and erotic thing happening with his Nike-sponsored appearance and, not only is he swoon-worthy, but holds the game to back it up. Nadal's got game. In the championship, he had my support from the beginning because of his play to the crowd and overall challenge of beating the No. 1 player in the world that has had an unbelievable year. I don't think you can quite call it a 'Cinderella Story,' but the general principle applies.


Djokovic on the other hand has a brooding appearance that is so cocky its attractive. Meh, I know. Stereotypical girl loving the guy she can't have (which is implying I can have Nadal... what do you say Rafael?). Coupled with his good looks and attitude, Djokovic sports a serve that, while I was watching, topped out at 132mph. My Buick protests at 80mph (and doesn't have cup holders). So do the police.


Like the US Soccer and Women's World Cup, I'm sad that the US Open is over and have began another active search of sporting events I can follow.

There are always the Vikings...

No comments:

Post a Comment