Thursday, February 4, 2010

Purdue Basketball Sports Report – Big Rivalry Game against Indiana

“Grow up in Indiana and you learn quickly, it's Purdue or Indiana. Simple, you choose.”

One of my buddies knows I write a college basketball blog so he forwarded me an email he got from Purdue about tonight’s Purdue Indiana basketball game. It’s got some solid insight on the game tonight so I thought I would repost portions of it. Besides if my buddy took the time to send me the info and a note that says I should dedicate more space to Purdue Boilermakers Basketball, I figure I owe him at least this much:

Official Sports Report: February 04, 2010 Back to Bloomington
Boilers back in hostile territory for first time in two years by Rob Blackman, Managing Editor

Here are my favorite parts of the article:

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The team bus rolled out yesterday afternoon, headed south-bound. The Boilermakers are already there in enemy territory. Last night's practice at an empty Assembly Hall was peaceful enough. Tonight, it will be anything but peaceful.
For the first time since 2008, the Purdue Boilermakers play their fiercest rival, the Indiana Hoosiers, in Bloomington. Only those who are juniors or seniors on the Purdue roster have ever played a game in Bloomington. None of them have ever won there. In fact, Purdue has lost eight straight at the Assembly Hall.

Last year, because of the Big Ten's unbalanced scheduling, Purdue and I-U met only once, at Mackey Arena. A game in which the Boilermakers won, 81-67.

Indiana is without question still a young team. No other team in the Big Ten relies as heavily on their freshmen as the Hoosiers. Indiana does not have a single player who has been on the team for four years. The Hoosiers do have one thing going for them, though. They have seven players from the state of Indiana. Grow up in Indiana and you learn quickly, it's Purdue or Indiana. Simple, you choose. The Purdue roster has 13 Indiana natives or those who played high school basketball in the Hoosier state.

************************************************

Every college basketball fan LOVES a great in-state rivalry game like this one. Guess who will be watching ESPN tonight at 7pm? ME. And I will be cheering for the Boilermakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment