Friday, July 8, 2011

Twins Power Over White Sox With Mauer at 1B

Joe Mauer at first baseIf any of you read my post from Wednesday, or watched the Twins beat the White Sox 6-2 last night, you know Joe Mauer played my favorite position: 1st base. Mauer had never played the 3-spot in his major league career, but if I do say so myself, he played the position well.

From one first baseman to another, keep up the good work Mauer.

Not only was the loss undoubtedly frustrating for the White Sox because of their strong pitching from Hector Santiago, but it was equally as frustrating because of the scrappy team the Twins have beat them with time after time. Mauer at first. Revere in Center. At one point we brought in Jason Repko to DH. Repko.

And yet, the Twins have won 27 of the last 33 against Chicago. Further, the Twins have pulled within 2 1/2 games of the third-place White Sox in the AL Central.

So far I haven't found Guillen's post-game transcript... I'll let you know when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment