Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Robert Kraft and the US Debt Negotiations

Hard to top my last post... nothing can beat shark diving. However, I am going to try.
Recently, Patriots owner Robert Kraft was quoted after helping end the NFL lockout: "I hope we gave a little lesson to the people in Washington, because the debt crisis is a lot easier to fix than this deal was."

Pause for a small dose of blinding rage. Its safe to say I feel the same way about Robert Kraft and his comment as I do about Apple holding more money than the US government.

I understand that Kraft was instrumental in getting the NFL and the NFLPA back to work on negotiations and, in turn, was instrumental in the resolve of discrepancies. However, to compare the negotiations of the NFL/NFLPA to the debt negotiations of Washington is like comparing the United States to Russia. Russia is so big that as the sun sets on one part, the sun is already rising on another part; the US only has 4 time zones. Not comparable. They are two birds of two different feathers that don't flock together.

Lucky for us, the debt deal seems to have had a band-aid slapped over it so we won't be hearing anymore words of wisdom out of Kraft. I am waiting though for some sort of 'I told you so' or a press conference by Kraft pointing out his key role in the debt talks too.


I'm sorry, but while Capitoll Hill does need to take advice from the American people, they certainly don't need to take advice from a bunch of NFL owners and NFL players. That would be like the Bush tax cuts all over again. I'm saying "no thanks, Kraft".

No comments:

Post a Comment