Monday, August 22, 2011

Top 10 back to School Items

It is that time of year again. Back to school. I am NOT excited.

Its always harder to return to the classroom when you've taken a summer class. Just imagine how hard it is to return after taking two. Well... hello my life. I am not ready to return to school.

However, to try to get in to mood, I've assembled a little back to school list. I have no money to be able to buy these things, but I thought you may enjoy them:

1. Frye 'Quincy' Boat Shoe, Yellow - $127.95

This shoe is the perfect pop of color for someone, like me, that generally wears neutrals. Not to mention, Frye shoes are extremely comfortable and long-lasting. Back to school must-have.

2. Alexis Bittar 'Sepia Dust' Dome Ring - $245

I know, I can't afford it either. However, this is my favorite ring on Nordstroms.com that meets the 'chocolate metals' trend for back to school. Chocolate metals. That is my point; they are gorgeous and will compliment that summer tan (if you have one, which I don't).

3. Daily Planner - $20

Duh. You can't run your life if you don't have a planner. Get one. Get organized.

4. Travel Mug - $10

This is the year you finally signed up for morning class. I know, it seems weird we did it every day of our high school careers, but once you get to college it's impossible to get up before ten. Don't fall in to that. Get a travel mug and fill it with...

5. Keurig Coffee Maker - $150

... your Keurig coffee favorite. Help out your budget, its already miniscule from purchasing that outrageous ring. Skip the Starbucks.

6. Zella 'Live In' Leggings -$44 - 52

I owe my boss a huge favor after she recommended these to me. They are THE most comfortable leggings I have ever worn. They are perfect for lounging, working out and/or throwing on because you just can't handle jeans today. Worth every penny.

7. Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Lotion - $21

This invigorating lotion will, not only make sure you are awake enough to go to class, but keep you from falling asleep during class. It smells amazing, buy it.

8. Umbrella - $5

Do not kid yourself. Umbrellas are not dorky. They are smart, especially when you have to walk to class outside.

9. Bare Escentuals Matte SPF 15 Foundation - $28

This foundation is amazing and doesn't take any time at all to apply. Many times I don't wear makeup to class because I am too rushed or too lazy, but if I do, this is what I wear. It is natural looking, which helps you distinguish yourself from the high school style.

10. Pentel Twist Erase Pencils - $5

When I came to college, it seemed everyone started writing in pen. I don't know why when, if you make a mistake you can't erase it and it leaks through your notes in your notebook. Buy pencils. They are just more practical.

1 comment:

  1. Lovin this article but I have to disagree with number 8. Umbrellas are super dorky...

    ReplyDelete